Friday, March 8, 2013

The Difference Between Extrovert and a Introvert


As I walk down a busy street to get to my destination I can not help but glance at people who are walking right past me. I can tell their human from their facial features, how the carry themselves as they walk past me. We all have the same features that make us human for example, having our bright eyes below our bushy eyebrows; they are almost identical on each side of our face. We are human so we must all be the same? No, every human on earth is their own self.

Some being’s love monkeying around the television with their friends with tortilla chips and salsa in different, bright, colorful bowls on the small, wooden, brown stained coffee table right in front of them, shoving chips in their mouth while watching their favorite team makes a touch down, while others would prefer snuggling up into their soft blue couch with smooth jazz softly playing in the background while reading their favorite novel. They both are human but they enjoy doing different things. How do we identify with what we enjoy doing and whom we like to befriend with?

We identify with our personality. Our personality is our identity, it makes us who we are and every single human being on the planet earth has in fact their own personality that makes their identity. Some people are outgoing and enjoy conversing with random strangers down the street while others would much rather keep to themselves. I for instants am an extrovert. What is an extrovert? Well it is a certain personality trait that makes the individuals personality. Ok, I understand that portion but what exactly is an extrovert?
An extrovert is “a person whose interest is more in his environment and in other people than in himself; a person who is active and expressive.”For example, they are usually those annoying people who try talk make conversation with you while our trying to do something important, perhaps waiting impatiently in line at your local Starbucks to get your coffee before work and an individual tries to make conversation with you and even after getting the warm, steaming cup of coffee that you ordered, the insist for you to sit down with them and make conversation. Extroverts tend to use a lot of hand movements they talk to you, as if there is an fly circling around your head as you two make conversation or it may seem as if they are making up some new dance moves and not even paying one attention as your speaking about your dog getting into the garbage can, again.

Being an extrovert, I tend to constantly annoy my own self. I tend to talk a lot on pointless useless topics on the weather, clothing, or even how fresh the crisp breeze feels as it brushes against my clothes. I tend to annoy any introverts around me.

An introvert is a person who is energized by being alone and whose energy is drained by being around other people. While I am trying to socialize with an introvert and talk about how the building is dark brown but when the suns rays hit the side of the building it looks like its in a different shade of “toffee brown,” they tend to stare at me going on and own about this brown building, thinking to themselves, “Why is this person so desperately trying to point out this brown building to me? What is the point of this conversation?” An introvert tends to keep to themselves and usually have a small circle of friends as extroverts tend to socialize around them and talk to anyone within five feet away from them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley,
    I like this post because it does show the differences between people in those two areas. We might have different ways of approaching people, but that shouldn't be a problem. I feel like there's something missing in the end though, maybe you can add more? Like a conclusion of some sort, because it feels awkward just leaving it hanging at introverts. Maybe that's just me. Regardless, I really did enjoy this post. Thanks! -Jackie

    ReplyDelete